Sharing stories to amplify the voices of health everywhere.
Thank you for considering the Harvard Medical School Primary Care Review as an avenue for publishing your work! We are excited to share your innovative thoughts and ideas about primary care, public health, and health equity with our state, national, and international audiences.
To submit your story, reach out via email at primarycarereview.hms.harvard.edu.
- Each author will be assigned an Editor. The assigned Editor is the first point of contact for all questions, pitches, and submissions. Please email inquiries here. You can learn more about our Editorial Board here.
- We recommend reviewing previous Harvard Medical School Primary Care Review publications to get a sense of the history and style of the Review.
- Publications should be 1300 words maximum; the majority of pieces range from 750-1200 words. Longer pieces are encouraged to use subheadings.
- All statements of fact should be referenced, and all references should be hyperlinked (see here for instructions on how to hyperlink).
- Language should be accessible to non-medical populations, as the Harvard Medical School Primary Care Review is a community-facing publication.
- We welcome co-authored publications, though we request no more than 3 co-authors.
- When you submit your manuscript, please also include a 2-4 sentence bio and photo/headshot of yourself that can be included at the end of your piece (if accepted for publication).
- Submissions may be edited for grammar, sentence structure, and clarity, though all efforts will be made to maintain the original intent of the author.
- All submissions will be reviewed by our Editors. Submissions that do not fit the mission or required format of the Harvard Medical School Primary Care Review may not be accepted for publication.
- To submit your story, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Title the subject of your email "submission."