Reducing Stigma for Providers with Mental Health Diagnoses
Join Harvard Medical School’s Center for Primary Care for our Scaling Community Outreach in Primary Care (S.C.O.P.E.) webinar series featuring Nathaniel Van Kirk, PhD.
By the end of the webinar, viewers will be able to:
1) Describe the relationship between public and internalized stigma.
2) Discuss the impact of stigma on seeking help and support as providers.
3) Identify at least one strategy for challenging stigma associated with mental health.
Please see below for framework and publication referenced in Dr. Van Kirk's session:
- The Impact of Stigma on Service Access and Participation (Amy C. Watson & Patrick W. Corrigan)
(Some resources are available at the end of this article.)
- A framework for challenging self stigma (developed by Nathaniel Van Kirk)
Please submit the below form to access the recorded session.