The Advancing Teams in Community Health Program (ATP) is a five-year initiative (2016-2021), funded by a grant from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). The Center has partnered with the Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers and the Kraft Center for Community Leadership to create this collaborative, which reflects the Center’s aspiration to improve primary care at Community Health Centers (CHCs) across Massachusetts. The program is designed to create a strong and sustainable foundation for the medical home model of care at CHCs in Massachusetts medically underserved communities (MUCs).
Ten selected CHCs work for ten months on an improvement project related to the needs and priorities of their health center. Past participants have focused on topics such as Behavioral Health Integration, Complex Care, Substance Use Management, Social Determinants of Health and many more.
Participants can look forward to:
- One-on-one coaching on an improvement project of the health clinic's choice
- Three in-person team learning sessions
- Monthly virtual sessions dedicated to improvement and leadership development skills
- A $20,000 stipend to support staffing and program related travel
Who is eligible?
- CHCs with an identified interdisciplinary group of team members. (may include physicians, nurses, medical assistants, social workers, behavioral health therapist, patient partners, patient navigators, or other roles relevant to the project selected)
- CHCs with executive leadership support
Through the Advancing Teams for Community Health Program, we have worked with over 24 community health centers throughout Massachusetts since 2016.The current Cohort 3 participants include:
- Charles River Community Health – Behavioral Health Focus
- CHA- Windsor Street Health Center – Diabetes Focus
- East Boston Neighborhood Health Center – Diabetes Focus
- Family Health Center of Worcester – Diabetes Focus
- Harbor Community Health Center – Plymouth – Social Determinants of Health Focus
- Harbor Community Health Center – Neponset – Opioid Use Focus
- Harbor Community Health Center – Hyannis – OBAT Focus
- Harvard Street Neighborhood Health Center – Patient Experience Focus
- Holyoke Health Center Inc. – Diabetes Focus
- Outer Cape Health Services – Diabetes and Social Determinants of Health Focus
Listen to the 2019 ATP info call
Interested in learning about more opportunities like this?
Questions? Please contact Deanna Belleny: Deanna_Belleny@hms.harvard.edu